Muscle Up for MND - Some rain won't stop us!
We have set a new date - Sunday 25 February 2018
"This is the most fun you can have while exercising!"
The Muscle Up for MND Challenge needs you to become a "Muscle Upper" - building muscles for those you can't - people living with Motor Neurone Disease.
In 2015 we attempted to break the world record for the largest personal training circuit class which stands at 2,061 people. We came agonisingly close with 1,994 people coming together to create an amazing exercise spectacle on The Gabba.
The time is right. Team MND has been getting bigger and stronger. Sunday, 25 February is our opportunity to bust that record of 2,061 once and for all.
But we cannot do it without your help. We need you, your family and your friends to join the Muscle Up to MND challenge on one of Australia's premiere cricket grounds - The Gabba! This event is designed for everyone - not just the fitness freaks!
If you can't muscle up, overlooking the Gabba grounds in the Queensland Cricketers' Club is the ideal spot to come and have a cool drink or a coffee and watch the 'Muscle Up for MND' World Record attempt.
After the event, everyone is invited to relax inside the air conditioned Club while indulging in a delicious buffet brunch with tea or coffee. $25pp and $10 per child (12yrs and under). Book your Brunch spot today.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR
The World Record Attempt
This is not just any old event. This will be a unique experience for you and your family and friends to remember. How often do you get the chance to:
- Be a sporting star by running out on to the world famous Gabba
- Break a World Record
- Rub shoulders with Australia’s sporting elite
- Exercise at the same time as the kids
You can experience all of this while raising MND awareness and much needed funds for Queenslanders who are impacted by a terminal and debilitating disease.
During the one hour session you will rotate through a number of different stations set up around the Gabba grounds. For many who've not been on the Gabba - you'll soon feel that the grass is truly soft and spectacular!
- Exercises at each station with go for 3 minutes and will cater for all different fitness levels allowing for maximum participation.
- Minimum age for event is 5 years old
- You don’t need to be a fitness freak or regular gym junky to complete the session as each station will be managed and supervised by qualified trainers.
- To be a part of this world record breaking experience all we ask is that you donate your regular training fee (or a minimum of $20)
- If you don’t normally pay to train, we'll happily accept a minimum $20 donation. Obviously larger donations are welcome - with all donations being tax deductible
So don’t waste any time, register now as an individual or as a team.
Registration on event day will start at 7.30am with the session starting at 8.30am and finishing at 9.30am.